Thursday, October 16, 2008

Alterations: What do I need to know?

Q & A on: Alterations

Does the purchase of my bridal gown include alterations?
-Not all salons or stores include alterations. Be sure to check with the store and review your contract. Always ask questions!

What if they include it in the price of my gown?
-While some stores do, it really isn't a good idea. Here's why...Say the dress costs $1500 including alterations. The TRUE cost of the dress could be just $1100. Say you only need a bustle and a hem done to the gown. This may cost you about $250. You've been charged $400 for alterations, when you only needed $250 worth. It's most always best to purchase a gown without them included.

The store I bought my gown from told me to start alterations already. I'm 4 months out from my wedding! Is this right?
-It isn't necessary to begin alterations this early. Your weight may fluxuate in the weeks and months leading up to your big day. Most professionals suggest making appointments 6-8 weeks out from your wedding date.

0 comments: